Giovanni Maranghi was born in Lastra a Signa, near Florence, in 1955. He still lives and works there in a very characteristic studio on the side of the Arno.
After the Diploma at the “Liceo Artistico” (Art Hig School) he enrolled the Faculty of Architecture at the University of Florence. At the same time he attended the Accademia di Belle Ati in Florence.
His firt shows data back to the mid 1970s with exhibitions in Italy, Holland, Belgium, United States, Turkey and France.