1 cup (100 g) self raising flour
1/4 tsp salt
25 g margarine
1/2 tbsp orange rind
1 tsp sugar
1/3 cup (2 – 3 tbsp) orange juice (from 1 orange)
1. Preheat the oven at 200 deg. celcius. Grease a baking tin.
2. Sift the flour.
3. Rub fat into flour till it resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Stir in the orange rind and sugar.
5. Add the orange juice and mix to a soft pliable dough.
6. Knead lightly, roll out to 2 cm thickness. Cut with fluted cutter.
7. Glaze with milk and bake in preheated oven for 10 mins.
8. Put the scones onto paper cases.
9. Serve with butter or vanilla sauce on a round plate lined with doily.
It’s a very simple recipe I made yesterday. My kids really liked it … Unfortunately I have to repeat it on Saturday.