From the U.S. National Park Service and Yosemite Conservancy comes this great short film about the skies above Yosemite NP. The distance to major cities and thus relative absence of light pollution makes for phantastic night skies. Astronomers and (time lapse) photographer and others take advantage of these conditions: For best enjoyment make sure to [...]
Timelapse montage from late 2010 through early 2011. One year in the making. Locations include : Montreal, Quebec, Canada Quebec city, Quebec, Canada Toronto, Ontario, Canada Manhattan, New York, USA Chicago, Illinois, USA Create by Dominic Plus
A video clip made by Cristobal Villa and inspired by the numbers, geometry and nature. The Fibonacci numbers, the golden ratio, Fi and its relationship to natural events is truly amazing. This video gives a small example of this.
Two excellent videos that shows our planet. Enjoy the pictures and music. Plus, try to do something to keep it a comfortable home. For you, for me and all the animals that inhabit the planet, of which we are responsible, morally responsible.
On the beach you can find interesting objects to photograph. The following photos are a talented photographer, David Nightingale from Chromasia Limited who just happens to live on the beach! David has some fantastic landscape photographs in his collection, but these pictures have one thing in common. The themes are all items that have been [...]
The Venus Flytrap, Dionaea muscipula, is a carnivorous plant that catches and digests animal mostly insects and arachnids. Its trapping structure is formed by the terminal portion of each of the plant’s leaves and is triggered by tiny hairs on their inner surfaces. When an insect or spider crawling along the leaves comes into contact [...]
In 2005, this little French nature documentary came along and changed the box-office rules. March of the Penguins earned $77 million in U.S. theaters. And Disney, which distributed the film in some countries, including France, took notice. The studio that invented the modern family-friendly nature film, with its True Life Adventures in the 1940s through [...]
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Finland babies sleep into cardboard boxes?
- Howto: KVM Server Virtualization
- The Dark Side: Thoughts of the week
- A handful of Firefox tweaks that will double your browser speed
- Erases all of Pope tweets.
- Top 100 sites of Apple and Mac
- Genetic diversity in trouble for the actions of Monsanto
- Howto find fast with Firefox
- Difference between Online Education VS. Traditional Education
Follow @dagorret on Twitter
- Los Angeles | California (by yosch)
- Lands of Tuscany: The Serchio Valley (by Alessandro Puccinelli)
- Na Pali Coast
- Haystack Rock by Bobshots on Flickr.
- Eruption! by Alain Barbezat
- View of Himalaya mountains at sunset by Marina & Enrique on...
- Rice terraces, Irkhuwa Valley, far Eastern Nepal
- Bora Bora, French Polynesia
- Berlin, Germany (by Oliver Winter)
- A Poor Man’s Memory - By: George Christakis