To kick off the bipartisan health reform meeting, President Obama lays out the plan for the day and his hopes for what can be accomplished. He talks about where we’re at now and why this meeting is so necessary: President Obama explains, “Politics, I think, ended up trumping practical common sense. I said at the [...]
It’s hard to imagine how anything very positive will come out of the President’s health care summit in Washington tomorrow. An article in Politico describes the atmospherics and the haggles involved in detailed negotiations. A gaggle of congressional Democrats and Republicans will meet with the President at Blair House for about six hours, apparently all of [...]
The traditional business model for companies is to create a product and/or provide a service to customers in order to receive payment and hopefully exceed operational costs to generate a profit. However, what happens when you are not creating a product or service, but instead ideas? How do you make a profit? How can you [...]
President Barack Obama has backtracked on statements he made earlier this week in which he indicated he was open to a 9/11-type commission to investigate the Bush administration’s use of torture, telling lawmakers at a meeting at the White House Thursday he now doesn’t support the idea. Underscoring Obama’s new stance on the issue, White [...]
Consumer/Nutrition Groups Urge Obama Administration and Congress to Update Alcohol Policies for the 21st Century
Organizations Issue Four-Step Plan Calling for Mandatory Alcohol Labeling and More Resources to Combat Underage Drinking A coalition of public interest groups today called on Congress and the Obama Administration to overturn decades of inattention to the nation’s alcohol policies by finally issuing a useful final regulation to require standardized labeling information on beer, wine [...]
So it’s come to this: General Motors, once the world’s mightiest industrial enterprise, is now flirting with bankruptcy. Ford and Chrysler may not be far behind. Car and truck sales have collapsed. With cash reserves rapidly falling, GM may soon be unable to pay its bills. Here’s the dilemma: GM and other U.S. automakers ought [...]
Top Posts & Pages
- Linux in undeveloped countries
- Howto: KVM Server Virtualization
- Learn how to use WhatsApp on PC
- A handful of Firefox tweaks that will double your browser speed
- Erases all of Pope tweets.
- Install Windows XP / 7/ 8 From Flash /Pen Drive : Step by Step Tutorial.
- Enabling and disabling services during start up in Linux
- Top 100 sites of Apple and Mac
- Difference between Online Education VS. Traditional Education
- Greenpeace Argentina manager arrested for blocking access to mines Barrick Gold
Follow @dagorret on Twitter
- Water spout off Grand Cayman by gemini spy on Flickr.
- Falls over Molokai
- The Pyramid | Tommaso Renzi
- Summer afternoon of 2012. on river Drava, Croatia. by Davorin...
- Annular eclipse from Kourou - By: Fabrizio Melandri
- Aerial Photography
- HONG KONG
- Celestial Evening
- Red Stone Park
- Mountain mirror, Svalbard (by Michele Bussoni2010)