With the children NO!
A report written by Unicef, which reached my ears by Telesur TV shows so alarmed situation of violence towards children.
The report is called “Hidden in Plain Sight: A statistical analysis of violence against children”. We left the links in both English and Spanish:
Children are the most vulnerable individuals in our society. His mental and physical strength is not comparable with that of an adult. And morally inacaptable any abuse of violence: beatings, humiliation, torture or sexual.
They are the future of our society, they are our hope for a better world. And instead of violence need education, love and care.
Some conclusions drawn from the report.
[su_list icon=”icon: warning” icon_color=”#d74e60″]
- In 2012 alone, homicide took the lives of about 95,000 children and
adolescents under the age of 20 – almost 1 in 5 of all homicide
victims that year.
- Around 6 in 10 children between the ages of 2 and 14 worldwide
(almost a billion) are subjected to physical punishment by their
caregivers on a regular basis.
- Close to 1 in 3 students between the ages of 13 and 15 worldwide
report involvement in one or more physical fights in the past year.
- Slightly more than 1 in 3 students between the ages of 13 and 15
worldwide experience bullying on a regular basis.
- About 1 in 3 adolescents aged 11 to 15 in Europe and North
America admit to having bullied others at school at least once
in the past couple of months
- Almost one quarter of girls aged 15 to 19 worldwide
(almost 70 million) report being victims of some form of physical
violence since age 15.
- Around 120 million girls under the age of 20 (about 1 in 10)
have been subjected to forced sexual intercourse or other forced
sexual acts at some point in their lives. Boys are also at risk, although
a global estimate is unavailable due to the lack of comparable data in
- 1 in 3 adolescent girls aged 15 to 19 worldwide (84 million)
have been the victims of any emotional, physical or sexual violence
committed by their husbands or partners at some point in their lives.
- About 3 in 10 adults worldwide believe that physical punishment
is necessary to properly raise or educate children.
- Close to half of all girls aged 15 to 19 worldwide (around
126 million) think a husband is sometimes justified in hitting or
beating his wife.
Perhaps the most troubling thing to me is that most girls justify male violence. I worry about being a father of a beautiful girl, and that sexism is a culture that is part of the root of a cruel and dark society.
Let’s help to change. We care for our children … Please!