Currently, legislation is seen as a staid field. But like most things in this life, also has its funny and absurd side. This is a list of some of the strangest laws still in force today in the world. After reading, you may have noticed that many of these laws are kept in a symbolic and do not pose any hazard to those who break them.
- In the city of York (England), it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient walls, but only if he carries a bow and arrows.
- In Oregon (USA) is forbidden to whistle underwater.
- In the UK, a pregnant woman can urinate anywhere, even in a police helmet.
- In Florida (USA), unmarried women who parachute on Sundays may be jailed.
- It is illegal to die in the British Parliament.
- In Indonesia, masturbation is punishable by beheading.
- In the town of Alberta (Canada), if you were arrested and released, is entitled to request a handgun with bullets and a horse to flee the city.
- In Israel it is forbidden to stick her finger in the nose on Saturday.
- In North Carolina (USA) oral sex is considered a crime against nature.
- In the UK, a man who feels compelled to urinate in public can do so if it points toward the wheel of his vehicle and keep your right hand on him.
- In Ohio (USA), it is illegal to have a fish drunk.
- In Bahrain, a doctor can examine a woman’s genitals but is forbidden to look at them directly during the examination, and can only see their reflection in a mirror.
- In Kentucky (USA), it is illegal to carry concealed weapons in excess of two meters long.
- In Vermont (United States), women need a signed permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
- In France it is illegal to name a pig Napoleon.
- In Chester (England), Welsh can not enter the city before sunrise, and can not stay in it once it has been.
- The ships of the Royal Navy entering the Port of London must provide a barrel of rum to the keepers of the Tower of London.
- In Lancashire (England), if a police stop you on the edge of the sea, are prohibited from inciting a dog to bark.
- In Miami, it is illegal to walk around the police station in skateboarding.
- In Atlanta is against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or a lamppost.
- The Chicago law forbids eating in a place that is burning.
- In Blythe, California, an ordinance states that a person must possess at least two cows parapodia bear cowboy boots in public.
- In Denver it is unlawful to provide the vacuum to the neighbor.
- In Greene, New York, it is illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on the sidewalks when a concert.
- In Lexington, Kentucky, it is illegal to carry an ice cream cone in your pocket.
- In Memphis, Tennessee it is illegal for a woman drive a car unless a man either running or walking in front of it waving a red flag to warn motorists and pedestrians approaching.
- It’s against the law for a monster into the limits of Urbana, Illinois.
- It’s illegal in Wilbur, Washington, riding a horse ugly.
- The law of Pennsylvania prohibits singing in the shower.
And finally a Spanish. Under Article 612 of the Spanish Civil Code:
The owner of a swarm of bees shall be entitled to pursue on the estate of another, compensating the holder of the damage it caused. If located to the fence, you need the owner’s consent to enter.
When the owner has not pursued, or cease to pursue the swarm two consecutive days, the owner may occupy the property or retain it.