Google overhauled its Google Map API completely around year 2009, and the latest version is V3. Unfortunately, they are a lot of expired articles and information (old api) floating around in the Internet, but don’t worry, I have collected some latest Google Map API resources here – plugins, tutorials and tools.
gmap3 is a jquery plugin which allows many manipulation of the google map API version 3. It supports the latest Google map API and come with heaps of functions. Most importanly, it has a well-documented API.
Google Map Static to Dynamic
jQuery plugin for creating Google Maps from semantic markup. This plugin is designed for quick development of a page that implements a Google Map with a list of the locations that are specified within the HTML.
goMap is another feature rich google map plugin. It has a section called solutions and examples that shows all the possible setting you can do with it.
Tutorial from Gabriel Svennerberg
I found a list of tutorials from Gabriel Svennerberg website. It comes with 5 series and covers most of the basic knowledge you need to know about the Google API 3.
- Google Maps API3 – The basics
- Google Maps API3 – Map Settings
- Google Maps API3 – Markers
- Google Maps API3 – InfoWindows
- Google Maps API3 – Mobile devices
Other useful tutorials
- Adding Custom Google Map to your website
- Simple Multiple Marker Example
- Adding Markers to a Map Using the Google Maps API 3 and jQuery
I have these two tools that helped me before in my previous project.
- Styled Maps: This tool is extremely useful to create a customized Google Map interface. For example, you can change the saturation, lightness of street road on Google Map.